This winter holiday season is a time when schedules tend to kick-up a notch (or ten), we develop a sixth-sense awareness of the needs and feelings of people around us, and we might experience positive or negative feelings as we reflect on our past and current circumstances and how they reflect our personal and family traditions.
No matter what your past traditions have been, and no matter how satisfied or peaceful you feel with your current situation, there is always room to introduce new holiday traditions to infuse your soul with deepened gratitude and peace. Consider choosing one or more selections from our holiday buffet of ‘new traditions’ selections:
1. Choose a holiday mantra for yourself, and anchor it with the essential oil of your choice. Your mantra might be, “I am mindful and aware of the many blessings I enjoy, which are…..;” or “Life always works out for me;” or “I am a generous giver and a grateful receiver…” To anchor this mantra to an essential oil, put a drop of oil in your hands, rub them together and cup your nose while you inhale deeply. Picture situations where you’ve experienced the truth of your mantra in the past, and visualize this mantra playing out for your greatest happiness this season. Repeat every day.
2. For added power, add a yoga pose to number one above. A meditative pose like Sukhasana (Easy/Happy Pose) or Sutu Bandhasana (Supported reclined pose) is great for a contemplative practice. Standing poses like Warrior I, II, or III and Lunging poses like Parivrtta Parsvakonasana (Revolved side angle) help you connect your inherent strength to the resolve of your mantra. See more in our book, Essential Yoga Practice - get your copy here!
3. Gift yourself some time to center each day. Even 5-10 minutes of centering time can change the entire outlook of your day, and can greatly enhance your emotions. We love using a yoga essential oil blend that has Bergamot, Coriander, Marjoram, Peppermint, Jasmine, and Rose essential oils in a base of Fractionated Coconut Oil. This centering blend helps you to trust in yourself and stay open to all possibilities.
4. Choose to trust yourself and your intuition to manage your life in flow and power. We love using a yoga essential oil blend that contains Lavender, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Cinnamon, Frankincense, Black Pepper, and Patchouli in a base of Fractionated Coconut Oil. This anchoring blend supports your connection to yourself and your innate wisdom, and supports you as you approach your practice and life with calming strength.
5. Infuse your mind and emotions with a powerful visualization of rooting to rise – remember that a kite can only soar with the clouds when it has a firm anchor to the earth. And when it rises, vistas and that beautiful feeling of freedom is the new reality. The same happens with us when we allow ourselves freedom to grow from stability. We love using a yoga essential oil blend created with Grapefruit, Lemon, Osmanthus, Melissa, and Siberian Fir in a base of Fractionated Coconut Oil. This blend supports your stability as well as your freedom, and inspires moments of reaching for your highest potential. If you are seeking access to pure essential oils, message us here, we would love to offer suggestions.
6. The holidays are brimming with colors – choose 1-2 colors each week and focus on their corresponding chakras to bring more awareness and intentional living practices into your space.
7. The holidays are also full of light and music. It is beautiful to enhance your yoga practice and aromatherapy with music of your choice to fill your heart and soothe your soul.
Post on our Facebook page additional ways you like to enhance your holiday traditions with yoga and aromatherapy!